Whisper

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

“Suffer the little children to come unto me..."

I am a little emotional today after re-reading the two accounts of Jesus blessing the children.  More lessons exist in these passages for me than I realized and maybe even more than I am able to explore at this time.
So again..I must ask myself...
What do I want my children to know about
Jesus Christ? 
Another question I find myself asking is...
What lessons from the stories of Jesus do I need to apply better in my life so I am an example of the believers?

“Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God."

Jesus:
  • He always has time for you.
  • He will never forbid you to come unto him...in other words, no matter how many times you cry, whine, beg, for him to be in your life..he will be there with his arms outstretched.
  • People who have the qualities of humility, teachablity, and innocence are those who will be in the kingdom of God. 
Me:
  • Only one bullet point I am going to make here. The path to humility seems to be a life long process for me.  I also have a long way to go in order to be an example of the believers when it comes to making time for my children and their needs. I hope they know I love them....

No comments:

Post a Comment