Whisper

Monday, April 26, 2010

"And he took them up in his arms..."

"And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
“Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
“And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them” (Mark 10:13–16)

Jesus “wept, … and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. …
“And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones.
“And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven … ; and they came down and encircled those little ones … ; and the angels did minister unto them” (3 Ne. 17:21, 23–24)

These two passages of Scripture are among my favorites.  They paint a picture of a loving and patient Savior.  Can you imagine what it would be like to have the Savior hold you and bless you? As a mother, I would love to have been there to see the Son of God bless my children?!  I really cannot fathom the joy!  But is this the only lesson we can learn from Christ blessing the children?  We have been asked to liken the Scriptures to our own personal lives. 
What else can be gained from these stories?
What other proof can be found of Christ's love? 
How do we know he was patient?
How does this knowledge apply to my children?
I know I won't be able to do justice to these questions in just one post and hold the interest of my children....so I will try to answer one question per post.  Until then, when you say your prayers tonight...ask your Heavenly Father if He loves you....feel the Spirit...and know.

No comments:

Post a Comment