Whisper

Sunday, January 16, 2011

“That Ye Might Believe That Jesus Is the Christ”

What a great way to start out the year!  The New Testament truly is so we might believe that Jesus is the Christ.  It is humbling just after the Christmas season to look at the life of Christ and see what all He has done for us and is still willing to do.
What has He done?
Lived a sinless life
Taught us of our Heavenly Father
Served others throughout His life...without complaint
Prayed for those He loved
Faced Satan and temptation and overcame
Atoned for the sins of the world
Prepared the way for each of us to be Resurrected

The list is long!  
Now of course, we must learn how to apply the Gospel to our daily lives!
It is impossible to live a sinless life, but we can strive to avoid sin, repent when we make a mistake, and try not to make the mistake again.
We should read the Scriptures often to learn of our Heavenly Father
Serve....serve....and serve some more.
Pray for those we love...as we do so, we will learn even more of our Heavenly Father and His hand in our lives.
Show gratitude for the Atoning sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ and live in a way that we may be reunited with our Father in Heaven in His full glory.

How can I live that my children will know that I "believe that Jesus is the Christ"?
I hope I can find more of his love, kindness, patience, and charity...I feel so impatient at times.  I guess all I can do is try.


No comments:

Post a Comment