Whisper

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I want to see how good I am this year.....

Our church has amazing teachers.  For the Gospel Doctrine lesson last week, the instructor told us of a conversation with his wife.  She is a runner; a die hard runner.  She runs all year, in the cold and the heat and the Idaho wind.  The mother of five beautiful children, she is an inspiration in her diligence to church, family, and health. But, like many of us, she may never hit her personal record again.

Her husband asked her, "Why do you do it?  You are never going to be what you were, so why try so hard?"
(I must insert a note here.  He is an amazing husband, and I am fairly certain he was going for the laugh, which he got!  
He has a comedian's sense of timing and delivery.  If he were a self-centered jerk, I am sure the result would not have been the same.)  
Her answer is yet another reason she inspires.
"I want to see how good I am this year!"
So here I go!  
I want to see how good I am this year!
I need a new plan.  I started out well last year when I first began blogging. Now I need to reformat, rethink, and recommit.  
I still want the stories of Christ to be the focus...
I still want my children to learn of him...
I still want their testimonies to grow...
I still need mine to.
The New Testament is the study for Gospel Doctrine this year. The plan is to follow the Class Member Study Guide each week to direct my personal studies and create fodder for this blog. When time allows I will do a pre-lesson to explore my personal studies blog and a post-lesson blog to the studies of our church Gospel Doctrine class.  
I would also like to add in the Book of Mormon and messages from the last LDS General Conference.  I have watched my dear husband as he has spiritually grown far past me.  It is time I catch back up and pull my own weight. Maybe this in turn will help my children.  
How can they be spiritually strong if I am not?

No comments:

Post a Comment