Whisper

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ye are the salt of the earth:

Graduation is tonight and my heart is full for many reasons.  I am faced with the future of my adult children, my own mortality, and changes in life I have no control over.  How is it possible I have three adult children? Where did the time go and where do I go from here?
I have skipped a few of the beatitudes, but Matthew 5:13-16 jumps out at me today as a message I could send to those I love. 
Ye are the salt of the earth; but if the salt have lost his savour,
wherewith shall it be salted?
it is thenceforth good for nothing,
 but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Ye are the light of the world.
A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel,
 but on a candlestick;
and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
My dear childen, you will have many trials in your life, never let those trials dim your light or cause you to lose your savour.  You are of a chosen generation and must do better than your parents. Choose to be good for something, nothing is a lonely place to be . Take his image in your countenance and Glorify God with the works you choose to do as you head out into the world.  Such a better place to be than trodden under the feet of men.  You truly are the light of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment