Whisper

Sunday, January 15, 2012

All Things According to His Will

I have been trying a little harder to remember God's will this week in my life and again find I fall short! So I turned to the Book of Mormon Class Member Study Guide to see the question posed...
What can you learn from Nephi about how to make your heart more receptive to the teachings of the prophets.
1 Nephi 2:16, 19 reads...
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers.  


And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto me, saying: Blessed art thou, Nephi, because of thy faith, for thou hast sought me diligently, with lowliness of heart.

Could it really be that simple?
Nephi sought out the Lord, softened his heart, and did not rebel.
Maybe the key is a soft heart, tender to the mercies God is willing to bestow upon each of us if we will just seek Him out.

1 Nephi 1:20
...But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto deliverance.

Goal for the coming week...
Be mindful of the Tender Mercies of God.
Seek for them
List them
Express gratitude for them.
Try to be a Tender Mercy for others.

1 comment: