Whisper

Friday, June 11, 2010

Matthew 25:14-30 Parable of the Talents

I haven't written in almost a week.  Life has been busy with family, work, gardening, and new responsibilites.  Although I haven't written, I have been studying up for my next blog.  Today's post, (make that tonight's post since it is almost 11:30 p.m. and I am waiting for children to come home) could be considered a teaser.  First, if you are unfimiliar with the Parable of the Talents or it has been a while since you read it, then take a few minutes and read:
Matthew 25:14-30
Next, I want to share a thought for consideration. In a General Young Women's Broadcast, Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley spoke concerning the potential of the Young Women...
(to my boys...I am sure your potential is just as magnificent!)
"For you, my dear friends, the sky is the limit. You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class... Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you... Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the Church."
Last request for this post:
Anyone who is willing (and yes,  you can comment anonymously) post a talent you know you have been given and rate on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the hightest, how you are doing with your stewardship of that talent.
More to come, or to be continued.....

1 comment:

  1. Going against the grain... I don't know how will I'm doing on that.

    ReplyDelete